Verizon Thinkfinity offers thousands of free K-12 educational resources across seven disciplines for use in and out of school.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 94 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Bringing Lessons to Life with Animoto
Using Animoto, a free Web 2.0 tool, students can develop short digital videos that include music, photos, video clips, and text as well as share their creations electronically.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Activity & Project
MyTube: Make a Video Public Service Announcement
Invite teens to explore issues that are important to them, and then write a script and film a video public service announcement.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 7 – 10 | Printout | Learning New Skills
Tips for Using Movie Maker
It’s easy to make a movie today, thanks to software that may already be on your home computer. Create movies to communicate through video.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Prompting Revision through Modeling and Written Conversations
Students create a checklist outlining what effective writers do, revise his or her own writing, and engage in a written conversation to help peers with the revision process.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 12 | Game & Tool
CD/DVD Cover Creator
The CD/DVD Cover Creator allows users to type and illustrate CD and DVD covers and related booklets to provide notes and other information.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 9 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Poppin’ Fun with Physical and Chemical Changes
Students will enjoy learning about physical and chemical changes as they turn their own photos into a narrated video using the iPad app SonicPics to illustrate (and eat) their results from a popcorn lab.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Teaching with Zooming Slideshows through Prezi
Through Prezi, a web application, students create "zooming" presentations for various purposes, such as presenting research, defending an opinion, or sharing a digital story.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Unit
MyTube: Changing the World With Video Public Service Announcements
This assignment will go viral with students as they think about the meanings of words and images in public service announcements from YouTube before creating a PSA of their own.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 5 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Glogging About Natural Disasters
After researching various natural disasters, students share their findings with each other using glogs, or through poster presentations.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Investigating Animals: Using Nonfiction for Inquiry-based Research
Inspired by their curiosity about animals, students work together to research an animal of their choice and present the information they gather to an authentic audience.