Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-5 of 5 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
More than One Way to Create Vivid Verbs
This lesson teaches students how to use old verbs in a new way, thus creating new and fresh descriptive phrases.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
The ABCs of Poetry
Students examine a letter of the alphabet from all angles, creating image pools of original metaphors that they then turn into poems.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Student of the Day: Create Sound/Letter Understanding With Names
Name games make learning letters fun and interactive in this lesson where students get to know more about each other as they spell out their classmates’ names.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 4 – 6 | Activity & Project
Think Hink Pinks!
Kids will love Hink Pinks—word puzzles that use two-word clues to lead to a rhyming solution. Try one and get hooked yourself: Obese feline? Fat cat!
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 8 | Activity & Project
Follow the Word Trail: Organize a Treasure Hunt
Create a treasure hunt out of word-puzzle clues hidden around the home or yard.