Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-9 of 9 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 7 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Boars and Baseball: Making Connections
In this lesson, students will make text-to-self, text-to-text, and text-to-world connections after reading In the Year of the Boar and Jackie Robinson. After sharing and discussing connections, students choose and plan a project that makes a personal connection to the text.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Examining Island of the Blue Dolphins through a Literary Lens
After a discussion about courage and adversity and reading Scott O'Dell's Island of the Blue Dolphins, students examine Karana's character development and look for examples of courage in their community.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 3 – 5 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Exchanging Ideas by Sharing Journals: Interactive Response in the Classroom
Pairs of students respond to literature alternately in shared journals. Mini-lessons are presented on responding to prompts, creating dialogue, adding drawings, and asking and answering questions.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Literature Response in Primary Classrooms
This step-by-step literature response template for use with read-alouds asks students to use drawing and writing to respond to increasingly-complex prompts which address literary elements as well as personal connections.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
On Demand Web Seminar Package: Supporting English Language Learners
Take the guesswork out of choosing the best on demand Web seminars while building your professional library on supporting English language learners.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Book
Power of Picture Books, The: Using Content Area Literature in Middle School
Featuring descriptions and activities for fifty exceptional titles, Mary Jo Fresch and Peggy Harkins offer a wealth of ideas for harnessing the power of picture books to improve reading and writing in the content areas.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 12 | Mobile App | Learning About Language
RWT Word Matrix
Explore the similarities and differences among words typically considered synonyms with this mobile app that allows middle- and secondary-level students organize groups of words by connotation on one axis and by register on another.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Strategy Guide
Supporting Comprehension Strategies for English Language Learners
This Strategy Guide is for developing comprehension that incorporates the gradual release of responsibility model.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Teaching the Epic through Ghost Stories
In this lesson, students connect to the oral tradition of epic storytellers by sharing their own oral tales of ghosts and goblins and monsters.