Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 21 Results from ReadWriteThink
- Classroom Resources | Grades 11 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
A Blast from the Past with Nuclear Chemistry
After researching the history and basic facts of a nuclear chemistry topic, students utilize the Web 2.0 tool Timetoast to create an electronic timeline that they use to present their research to the class.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 4 – 8 | Calendar Activity |  December 11
Astronomer Annie Jump Cannon was born today.
Students research a constellation and share their learning using an interactive or mobile app.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 12 | Calendar Activity |  March 13
Celebrate Digital Learning Day today.
Students reflect on recent learning and the role digital tools and media have played in supporting or enhancing it.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Professional Library | Book
Developing Readers in the Academic Disciplines
Written with the Common Core State Standards firmly in mind, this book presents a much-needed instructional model for disciplinary literacy.
- Professional Development | Grades 6 – 12 | Online Professional Development | Web Seminar
Evidence-Based Argumentation in Science
Join NCTE for the web seminar "Evidence-Based Argumentation in Science" hosted by Maria Grant, Diane Lapp, and Kelly Johnson.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 9 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Fashion Fun with Fossil Fuels
After researching specific fossil fuel issues, students create their own clothing brands that express their opinions about the issues and then share their information and clothing line using either PowerPoint or Prezi.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 9 | Lesson Plan | Unit
Finding Solutions to Food Waste: Persuasion in a Digital World
Using various reading strategies and resources, students explore the issue of food waste. They also create persuasive arguments and blog posts examining this topic.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Getting Graphic with Alternative Energy Sources
After researching alternative sources of energy, students create online comic books to present their information.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Greetings from the Biomes of the World
To share their research on biomes, students use iPads to create postcards from all over the world.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Minilesson
Inspire Healthful Reading Using Unconventional Texts
This minilesson encourages children to seek out and appropriately react to nutrition labels and to make healthy food choices, integrating science, math, health, and literacy.