Find content from Thinkfinity Partners using a visual bookmarking and sharing tool.
Home › Results from ReadWriteThink
1-10 of 17 Results from ReadWriteThink
page | 1 2
- Professional Development | Grades 2 – 7 | Professional Library | Book
Creating Lifelong Readers Through Independent Reading
This book provides information on the benefits of independent reading, how to set up a classroom library, and ways to actively engage students in independent reading.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 6 – 8 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Cut up, Cover up, and Come Away with Ideas for Writing!
Students rework their forgotten/abandoned drafts by cutting and covering up selected words. By creatively manipulating text, they explore portal writing, a strategy for envisioning a new story or story direction.
- Classroom Resources | Grade K | Lesson Plan | Recurring Lesson
Growing Readers and Writers with Help from Mother Goose
Watch Mother Goose work her magic! This lesson uses nursery rhymes to help emergent readers remember the letters and their sounds and identify word chunks.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades 3 – 12 | Tip & How-To
How to Start a Writer’s Notebook
Writer’s notebooks allow children and teens to take in the world around them and document their daily lives. Use these tips to learn how to start a writer's notebook with your child.
- Classroom Resources | Grades K – 2 | Lesson Plan | Standard Lesson
Let's Read It Again: Comprehension Strategies for English-Language Learners
Help Spanish-speaking English-language learners unlock the mysteries of their new language by using a bilingual book to recognize unfamiliar words and construct meaning from the text.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 6 | Activity & Project
Let the Show Begin! Literary Talent Show
Children choose their favorite songs, dances, poems, or stories to act out in a talent show for friends and family.
- Parent & Afterschool Resources | Grades K – 2 | Tip & How-To
Make Time for Reading
It’s DEAR time! (Also known as time to Drop Everything and Read). Find out how making time to read with children every day can foster their love of books and help them learn to read.
- Classroom Resources | Grades 7 – 12 | Calendar Activity |  January 19
Poet and author Pat Mora was born on this day in 1942.
Students study and write extended metaphors through the use of Pat Mora's book.
- Professional Development | Grades K – 6 | Professional Library | Journal
Poets in Practice
This article discusses the need to engage students and teachers in active poetry writing.
- Professional Development | Grades 5 – 9 | Professional Library | Book
Power of Picture Books, The: Using Content Area Literature in Middle School
Featuring descriptions and activities for fifty exceptional titles, Mary Jo Fresch and Peggy Harkins offer a wealth of ideas for harnessing the power of picture books to improve reading and writing in the content areas.
page | 1 2