TeenTober?!? Learn about this month-long celebration.
TeenTober is a nationwide celebration hosted by libraries every October and aims to celebrate teens, promote year-round teen services and the innovative ways teen services helps teens learn new skills, and fuel their passions in and outside the library. TeenTober allows libraries the flexibility to choose what to celebrate (digital literacy, reading, technology, writing, etc) and the length of time for each celebration.
Celebrate this year's TeenTober by encouraging your middle or high school students to:
- Join a book discussion group at their school or public library.
- Read biographies of their favorite musicians, comedians, politicians, or sports figures.
- Read books about a hobby that interests them.
- Read books that approach a subject through humor.
- Read what they want to read, just for the fun of it.
The official website for TeenTober includes information on getting ready, registering, and celebrating the month-long event with young adults.
Have students check out the Young Adults' Choices list, a collection of books selected by teams of teenage reviewers.
Learn about more books for teens through this ReadWriteThink.org podcast series. Review past episodes and subscribe so that you don't miss future ones.
This blog includes information about books for young adults, including reviews and links to podcasts.