3 - 12
About this Interactive
ReadWriteThink.org's Word Mover student interactive can be used to supplement classroom instruction, reinforce concepts taught in class, offer increased student engagement, and promote out-of-school literacy.
Word Mover allows children and teens to create “found poetry” by choosing from word banks and existing famous works; additionally, users can add new words to create a piece of poetry by moving/manipulating the text.
- 6 poem categories, each with the ability to personalize
- 12 backgrounds for stylizing poems
- Helpful instructions available throughout app
- Viewing of finished poem for proofreading
- Ability to save poem as draft or final version
- Ability to print poem
- Ability to send poem by e-mail